It’s the day after Thanksgiving. If you ate a bit much last night, and woke up feeling heavy, and as if you won’t need to eat for another year, you may be suffering from indigestion. But don’t worry, this is very common and happens to a lot of people every year after Holidays.
Here are some facts you need to know about your community’s health.
Although indigestion may be a symptom of a more serious illness if you suffer from the discomforts it brings very often, according to the Mayo Clinic, it is often just a set of symptoms you feel after overeating or eating too quickly, after eating fatty, greasy or spicy foods, if you consume too much alcohol, tobacco or carbonated drinks, if you take certain antibiotics or pain relievers, or if you suffer from anxiety.
Some of these symptoms include:
- Feeling full shortly after you start eating.
- Feeling full but uncomfortable after you finish eating.
- Burning and bloating in the upper abdomen.
In order to prevent this discomfort, it is very important to keep a balanced diet, that includes plenty of green leafy vegetables, and fresh fruits, and of course, eat moderately.
But we get it. Thanksgiving food is for many people exclusive to Thanksgiving. The best way to serve yourself when everything is tempting you is to have small portions of everything. You can always have seconds portions of what you liked best. If you are already suffering from some of these symptoms, there are some things you can do in order to treat them organically so that you don’t have to take aggressive medicines to get rid of the indigestion.
- Moringa Detox Tea can help support a functional digestion, as well as a healthy metabolism, which means your body may have it easier to process the nutrients in the food you eat.
- Drinking a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar dissolved in a cup of water every morning before you eat anything else is believed to facilitate bowel movement and prevent the formation of kidney stones.
- Apples have an absorbing consistency. If you had one too many alcoholic beverages last night and that’s what is upsetting your stomach, an apple may absorb everything your body is having difficulties eliminating.
- Taking Mega Digestive three times a day can help relieve gastric ulcers and bowel inflammations. It also works as a colon cleanser and improves digestive processes.
If you believe that what you are suffering is a more serious issue or it presents itself chronically, it is best that you visit your head physician to have it properly diagnosed so that you can treat it adequately.
You can call us at 1-800-299-7917 to make an appointment with Doctor Rigoberto Perez Diaz, or visit our website www.salud.bz, we will gladly assist you. Remember to follow us on Facebook and Instagram and do not forget to tune into our daily program SALUD TV.