Are you a pasta fan? Believe it or not, there are plenty of ways to give a healthy spin to pasta.
This week, Team Salud brings you a delicious way to add leeks to your pasta, and an amazing, tasty way to add grapes to your dessert.
Although they are much smoother in taste, and have a creamier texture when cooked, leeks are a member of the family of onions, scallions, chives and garlic. Among their many wonders, leeks are believed to aid digestion and be beneficial for the health of your heart.
Today, you can add a spin to your white sauce by adding leeks, and several veggies from its family. Check out this simple recipe we found on delish.com.
- In a pot, heat up some olive oil, and cook leeks, garlic, scallions and shallot over moderate heat for about six minutes.
- In the same pot, add one anchovy fillet, crushed red pepper, spaghetti, stock, cream and salt.
- Once the mixture boils, reduce the heat and cook for about 11 minutes. Stir in chives and cheese, and season with more salt. Your pasta is ready to be served with extra cheese on the side.
Check delish.com for the full recipe and list of ingredients.
As you know, not only veggies make delicious and healthy recipes. Fruits do too.
Grapes are super refreshing, but you don’t have to have them only when it’s hot outside. These fruits are packed with fiber, potassium, minerals and vitamins. You can make them a regular part of your diet by including them on recipes as well as eating them by themselves. They also make a delicious contrast with a cheese platter.
Here’s an interesting way to serve plain sugar cookies this holiday season.
- On a baking sheet, bake a dozen sugar cookies, and let them cool down.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioner’s sugar and vanilla until it’s all blended. Once the cookies are cooled, spread the cream cheese mix over them and top with halved grapes.
- Microwave orange marmalade until it’s runny, and drizzle over your tartlet.
You can find the full recipe and list of ingredients in Taste Of Home.
We hope you loved these recipes and that you stay tuned to check out the favorite ingredients of next week!
You can call us at 1-800-299-7917 to make an appointment with Doctor Rigoberto Perez Diaz, or visit our website www.salud.bz, we will gladly assist you. Remember to follow us on Facebook and Instagram and do not forget to tune into our daily program SALUD TV.