If there is one good thing about staying home, it’s that it gives you plenty of time to experiment in the kitchen.
Today, Salud brings you a healthy twist to banana bread you can try with very simple ingredients and about an hour and a half of your time.
-1 cup of flour
-1 cup of oats
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1 teaspoon cinnamon
-A pinch of salt
-½ cup of butter (one stick)
-2 large eggs
-½ cup granulated sugar
-⅓ cup of honey
-3 overripe bananas
- Let the eggs and butter out of the fridge for about an hour before starting
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C)
- Grease a 9x5 in pan with butter
- Blend the oats in a food processor until they reach a thin, sandy texture
- Mix the oats, flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon, and set aside
- Using a mixer, or a deep bowl and an electric hand mixer, mix the sugar, honey, and butter until it reaches a light, fluffy texture.
- Add the eggs, and mix again.
- Finally, add the ripe bananas, previously mashed, and blend it all until everything is properly blended into one creamy mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients and blend with the spatula, scraping the sides to use up all the mixture.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan.
- Bake for about an hour, checking with a toothpick if it is fully cooked.
- Let the bread cool down for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan.
The cool thing about this recipe is that it’s pretty versatile, and you can always add your own touch. You can add chocolate chips or your favorite nuts if you want to.
You can call us at 1-800-299-7917 to make a virtual appointment with Doctor Rigoberto Perez Diaz, or visit our website www.salud.bz, we will gladly assist you. Remember to follow us on Facebook and Instagram and do not forget to tune into our daily program SALUD TV.