During the cold weather, it’s important to keep your body warm, and there is no better way to do it than with a tasty and nutritious soup.
This week, we bring you a healthy creamy soup you can change to taste with your favorite veggies.
For 8 Servings
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 7 oz coconut milk
- ½ medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tomato, whole
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- In a medium saucepan, bring 6 cups of water to a boil, add salt, and add the chopped peppers and the tomato. Cover and cook for 6-7 minutes. Transfer the peppers without the water to a blender, add the vegetable broth and blend until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- In a large pot, combine the coconut oil, onion, ginger and garlic, and sautee until the onion is translucent. Add the cayenne, salt, pepper, and cumin and mix it all.
- Add the coconut milk, the pumpkin puree, and the pepper’s blend onto the large pot, cover, and simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- Stir occasionally. After it’s done, uncover, and blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
You can remove, add or exchange the vegetables to customize the soup to taste.
We hope you like our creamy veggie soup, and that you stay tuned to see our next recipe.
You can call us at 1-800-299-7917 to make an appointment with Doctor Rigoberto Perez Diaz, or visit our website www.salud.bz, we will gladly assist you. Remember to follow us on Facebook and Instagram and do not forget to tune into our daily program SALUD TV.