Food is something important at any time in our life, but even more while we are growing up. Our eating habits when we are children will mark our way of eating and taking care of ourselves when we are older.
It is essential to know how to educate our children on a healthy diet, so they understand the wide variety of rich and nutritious meals they can have. Although of course, children will be children, and will always want to eat the same things: candy, pastries, sweets.
Children’s eating habits are a determining factor for the correct growth of any person, and therefore we must pay close attention to it. Snack time, for example, can be a good time to teach our children to eat healthy. That moment in which they need to eat something several hours before dinner and we don’t know what to give them so that they reach dinner time with an appetite, having in mind it must also be a healthy snack that helps them keep a healthy diet.
Team Salud brings you some of our favorite healthy snacks for children that can be prepared in just a few minutes, so they can snack on something during the day, avoiding the temptations of junk food or candy.
- Frozen bananas: Take a large banana and cut it in half, pricking each part on an ice cream stick. Open a natural yogurt and dip the bananas in it, covering the surface with a cereal of your choice. Freeze it, and you’ll have a healthy, nutritious and delicious snack.
- Natural fruit yogurt: Fill a bowl of plain yogurt without added fats or sugars, and mix it with pieces of fruit such as strawberries, blueberries or even tangerines. Put it in the fridge to keep it fresh, but without freezing it.
- Ants on the trunk: To keep your children at their ideal weight, you’ll be interested to know that behind this suggestive name hides one of the most recommended healthy snacks for children. It consists of a celery stick spread with peanut butter or light cheese cream, accompanied by raisins. Your children will discover that vegetables can also be nutritious and delicious.
- Mini Pizzas: You can make your children’s fantasy come true by letting them have pizza as a snack, but making it at home. Take some natural tomato sauce and spread it on an open English bread muffin, then sprinkle some low-fat mozzarella cheese. You can season it with garlic or oregano, and heat it in the oven, for a delicious snack.
- Cheese sticks: Children love anything they can eat with their hands. And if it’s soft, better. To prepare the cheese sticks you will only need a puff pastry dough. Cut it into strips and fill with grated Parmesan cheese. Roll it up, paint with egg and bake for 20 minutes.
What child could resist any of these snacks? Barely any, and you will make sure they are well fed.
You can call us at 1-800-299-7917 to make an appointment with Doctor Rigoberto Perez Diaz, or visit our website www.salud.bz, we will gladly assist you. Remember to follow us on Facebook and Instagram and do not forget to tune into our daily program SALUD TV.