Packing can be the most stressful part of planning a vacation. Here we offer you 10 tips to make packing for your next vacation easier.
- If you have time to do it in advance, start a packing list and stick it to the fridge. Starting the list a few days prior to the trip will allow you to add things as you remember them, and will give you time to buy anything you need in advance instead of getting an overpriced version of it at the airport or during your vacation.
- Make sure that your bag isn’t adding too many unnecessary extra pounds. Whenever possible, avoid hard case suitcases, and replace them with soft bags that not only will save you a few pounds, but will adapt to the shape of what it’s carrying, instead of the other way around.
- Have a kit with travel-sized toiletries ready. Having a small bag where you hold all your travel essentials will prevent you from forgetting to pack your toothbrush, or having to pack it wet. It will also facilitate packing said bag, since you can pack it where it actually fits best instead of on top of everything else.
- If you travel often, keep the essentials that you always take with you prepacked in a weekend or travel bag.
- Pack plastic grocery and drawstring bags. The plastic bags will help you separate dirty or wet clothes, and the drawstring bags can be used to pack shoes and keep the rest of your clothes fresh and clean.
- When preparing your clothes, actually place the outfits together instead of packing all of the clothes you think you may need. Try to pack outfits and shoes that you can dress up or down, or use for different occasions to avoid packing an outfit for every outing, only to end up using half of the clothes you bring.
- If you are traveling during the summer or to a warm place, packing dresses, or one-piece outfits can be a huge space saver.
- Roll your clothes instead of folding them. Rolling your clothes instead of folding them will prevent them from creasing, and it saves you space, since you can fit smaller clothes inside shoes and in between bigger items.
- Pack your jewelry and accessories in separate Ziploc bags to prevent them from tangling.
- Prevent makeup messes. If you’re going on a long trip, and you’re packing your makeup in a checked-in bag, you can put flat cotton pads inside your powder container to prevent your powder or bronzer from cracking. You can also seal your nail polish bottles with tape to preventing from popping open if you are traveling by plane.
If you have any health concerns that you would like a checkup for before traveling, you can call us at 1-800-299-7917 to make an appointment with Doctor Rigoberto Perez Diaz, or visit our website www.salud.bz, we will gladly assist you. Remember to follow us on Facebook and Instagram and do not forget to tune into our daily program SALUD TV.